It's been many moons since I last reported from the "land of cheese and ghosts", and in truth there is little to report. HOWEVER, the following important things have happened:
1. While trying to do my orchestration homework, a tedious series of score-writing assignments, I improvised a one-act play with myself. It was pretty good, and had a dinosaur in it.
2. In German the other day, I was talking with some guy. I commented on our teacher's style of writing the numeral 1 - she writes them somewhat like a cursive lowercase l. We then had the following conversation:
Him: Actually, that's a little too wide to be a cursive l.
Me: Your mom's a little too wide to be a cursive l! Har-dee-har.
Him: *becomes completely irate and begins shouting*
End result: I apologized a few times, but this fine gentlemen will no longer speak to me. I must be more careful about your mom jokes.
3. Today = Friday Night Magic. Tomorrow = Magic Release Tournament. Sunday = Free orchestra concert featuring Symphonie Fantasique. All next weekend = geek.kon, an free anime/gaming convention taking place in the music building. Go time?
4. Ryan Murphy is now the Lord of the Internet - the cereal eating video has been posted in the SomethingAwful AwfulVision feature this week. Go team.
5. Happy (belated) Birthday to Gloria Huang, the Unsinkable.
NEXT TIME, ON CHRIS' EXCITING YET TOTALLY BORING LIFE AT WISCONSIN -
-Will Chris be tracked down and killed by the Society for Women Engineers for stealing their free pizza while NOT EVEN BEING AN ENGINEER?
-Will Chris be tracked down and killed by Fischer Scientific for stealing their free food AND NOT EVEN KNOWING WHAT FISCHER SCIENTIFIC IS?
-Will Chris finally find a concert series that offers reception food?
-Can one actually play too much magic: the gathering?
STAY TUNED NEXT WEEK, SAME BAT-TIME, SAME BAT-CHANNEL!